Intermediate Web Application and Database Programmer
thryve is looking to employ an Intermediate level Web Application and Database Programmer (Developer) in our Rosebank, Johannesburg branch. A good candidate will be interviewed and tested for aptitude and capability, and will have to be compatible with our team of developers/analysts. Only sufficiently experienced programmers need apply. Developers primarily support the “thryve Online” insurance management system, which is in place for some brokers, insurance administrators and underwriting management agents. thryve also creates and maintains other web-based software applications and some ancillary software to the main thryve Online system. The candidate will be expected to deal with client’s directly on occasion in order reach issue resolution and/or to achieve user acceptance of completed tasks. This position entails doing web programming, database programming, documentation and high level support.
- Required: Matric
- Required: Tertiary programming qualification (B.Sc., National Diploma, MCSD, etc.)
- Required: 3-4 years of working experience programming web applications
- Required: 3-4 years of working experience with T-SQL (MS SQL) or similar
- Preferable: Financial industry working background, insurance in particular
Specific Technical Experience
- Required: Microsoft ASP.Net (using either VB.Net or C#), using MS Visual Studio
- Required: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, writing queries, stored procedures and functions
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Clear coding, conforming to team principles
- Clear and efficient technical writing
- Structured work
- Fast learner
- Own transport
- Neat presentation
What is it like to work at thryve?
Candidates will be joining a small, highly dynamic team of four people (including the development manager), working closely together on parallel tasks and handing tasks over between each other often. As a small company, projects can be short and varied, covering different business areas each month. The working environment is quiet, with a focus on efficiency over “red tape”, but using appropriate tools to improve quality, development speed and traceability.
New candidates are coached by seniors during the first couple of weeks and their scope of work will increase after proven capacity.
thryve uses the ManageEngine ServiceDesk ticket management system for work tracking and reporting, Subversion version control system, VB.Net as primary language for ASP.Net development. A standard suite of software is provided to developers, including Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server (and associated BI tools). Developer workstation computers are equipped with two monitors.
We use the PMBOK project management methodology for larger projects and a database driven (stored procedures, views and functions to define business logic) development plan.
- A written test will be administered to assess your programming ability
- Package: TCTC includes compulsory medical aid and provident fund contributions.
- thryve is situated 5 minutes from the Rosebank Gautrain station.
Do you feel you qualify? Submit your CV